Raphael Nascimento presented the Pro/ENGINEER 2D and 3D Drawings topic. Like Vince, Raphael covered both Wildfire 4.0 & Wildfire 5.0 topics. Like many of you we are currently on Wildfire 3.0 until we complete our upgrade from Pro/INTRALINK 3.4 to PDMLink 9.0, so it was nice to see both.
Wildfire 4.0 2D drawings:
- BOM ballons for non geometry items like bulk items.
- View name placement location choices.
- Add text locked to GTOLs around them in certain areas.
- Offset notes from axis or point locations.
Wildfire 4.0 3D drawings:
- Flat to screen annotation plane. Good for a 3D title block or notes.
- Driving dimension annotation features.
- Can change annotation orientation planes and set default active plane.
- Improved transfer of annotations from Pro/E to Productview.
Wildfire 5.0 2D drawings:
- New ribbon user interface. RMB pop up menu choices context sensative to which ribbon you are in.
- Drawing sheet tabs along the screen botton like Excel.
- A new drawing tree tool similar in function to a model tree, but for views and items in a drawing.
- Round decimal places on a shown dimension in a drawing without rounding the model dimension and affecting accuracy of model.
- Center leader dimensions.
- WYSIWTG Print preview functionalty.
Wildfire 5.0 3D drawings:
- Nammed layer states. Use for 3D drawings combined views.
- New datum target annotation type.
- Tabs for 3D drawings listing combined view, like Excel page tabs along bottom.
- Weld symbols as 3D annotations.
- Can annotate on cross section edges without any work arounds.