A few of the highlights are:
- Direct import support for Solidworks 2007 & 2008.
- Direct import support for Autodesk Inventor
- Expanded granite based interoperability between releases of Pro/ENGINEER
- 3D data exchange of non geometric data such as parameter values, annotations, and layer status. This is becoming increasing important in the area of line term data archiving.
- Improved Import data Doctor interface even beyond the overhaul done in Wildfire 4.0.
On the horizon (not in 5.0 beyond perhaps beta testing) is a product they are calling the Legacy Drawing Associator. Quite simply this is a tool to associate imported drawings to the imported modals that once drove them. The tool will extend to associting the views and annotations too.